How To's For Our Guests at Holly Shores
How to take the Cape May-Lewes Ferry
Yes. You can take an RV on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry! Reservations are highly recommended because each ferry is 2,100 feet and long vehicles are generally held to 20% of the load to allow the most people to cross. So make sure to reserve your spot now at www.capemaylewesferry.com
- Height limitation: 13 feet, 6 inches
- Width limitation: 8 feet, 6 inches (generally more than enough for most RV’s, but if vehicle is wider, it can still board and we will charge for 2 spaces)
- Length limitation: There is no length limitation, but there are different rates for vehicles over 60’ and three different length classes for RVs ranging from 15-34’, 35-44’, and 45-59’.
- Propane Gas Restrictions: No more than 2 cylinders of propane are allowed on at a time. Must be safely secured to the vehicle in an upright position with valves closed and tagged.
- Propane powered refrigerators must have the thermostat control turned to the “off” position.
Don't Move Firewood!
Why can't I bring my own firewood into the campground?
Exotic wood borers like the Emerald Ash Borer, Asian Long-horned Beetle and the Sirex Wood Wasp are wood-infesting species that can be transported to new areas inside firewood and can destroy local trees. For this reason, no firewood can be transported into the campground. Firewood is available at the campground store for purchase.
Help stop the movement of exotic pests
- Don't Move Firewood!
- Use local sources of firewood
- Do not bring firewood from home
- If you have already brought firewood from home, do not take it back home and do not leave it
- BURN IT!
How to Connect to Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is free to guests at Holly Shores. To access Wi-Fi:
- Turn on your computer or device.
- Be sure your WiFi is enabled.
- Connect to “Holly Shores WiFi” (SSID)
- Enter the Password and click “Connect” (You will get the password at check-in)
- Open your browser (example: Internet Explorer)
Note: If the welcome page does not appear, clear everything in the address bar and type: HollyShores.com
- Follow On-screen instructions to register and access the internet.
How to Hook Up an RV
If needed, we have 50 AMP, 30 AMP and 20 AMP extension cords and converters, water hoses, water and sewer hook-ups at the campground store.How to hookup an RV
How to Dump Your Holding Tank
Sewer hoses and clamps, and sewer tank enzymes are available at the campground store for your convenience.How to hook up grey and bBlack water tanks
How to Get Propane Gas
To refill propane tanks on your RV, please make arrangements for refill prior to placement on site.
To refill your detachable propane tanks, bring tank to office, make sure you have the safety cap to transport propane tank. Then pay for refill using Visa/Mastercard/Discover/AMEX/Cash at store counter. They will then place a tag on your tank which will be refilled at either 9 AM, 1 PM or 5 PM. The filled tank will then be delivered to your site.
How to Check-out Early
If checking out before office opens, drop your gate cards and/or rental key in the slot on the front office door. We will return your gate card and/or rental key deposit via check in the mail within 10 days
How to Get to the Lake
- Take our main road from the office until you reach bathhouse 4 next to dog park (1700ft.)
- Turn right at bathhouse 4 and walk to the Fishing Lake Entrance (205 ft.)
- Enter pathway to fishing lakes & walk until you reach the exit at Cresse Rd. (200 ft.)
- Turn and walk left until you reach a fork in the road (850 ft.)
- Continue to the right & you've reached the lakes! (200 ft.)
Please note that the Lakes are Owned by NJ Fish and Wildlife Management. Holly Shores does not monitor the Lakes. Please use life jackets at all times. Pathway open 8AM to Dusk
*Catch and Release Fishing Only* You must purchase a fishing license if you are older than 16.
How to Rent & Paddle a Kayak
- Kayaks are rented at the Campground store from 10 AM to 3 PM and must be returned by 6 PM.
- Persons renting & operating the Kayak must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times when Kayaking.
- $200 Security Deposit on Visa/Mastercard/Discover is required.
How to Make S'mores
What's a campfire without S'mores! Whether you make them at your site or come to the Holly Shores Community Fire pit, you are sure to love this traditional camping treat. Everything you need to make the perfect S'more can be found in the campground store...How To Make Smores