You know the saying that nothing in life is FREE….well we disagree! Look at all the fun things there are to do and see while visiting us at Holly Shores!!
- Every Wed. night from 7/10/19 to 8/28/19 the Township of Lower hosts a free outdoor concert on the lawn of the Cape May Ferry Terminal beginning at 5:30. The music is provided by regional bands and are often tributes to such artists as Journey, Elton John, and The Rolling Stones. Food and beverages are available for sale. The ferry is located at 1200 Lincoln Blvd., North Cape May. Bring a chair and enjoy a fun, family evening.
- On Thursdays in July and August, Cape May presents Movies on the Beach! At 8:00 there’s activities for the kids, then the movie starts at 8:30 near the Convention Hall. Admission is free and if it rains, it moves inside the Convention Hall. Bring your chairs, snacks and beverages.
- Independence Day parade takes place on the Saturday closest to the 4th and begins at 1 pm along Beach Ave. in Cape May. During that same week there’s a festival along Shore Rd. along the Delaware Bay in North Cape May. There are carnival rides, vendors, live music, and more. Then you can watch the fireworks right from the beach!
- Admission is free into The Nature Center of Cape May at 1600 Delaware Ave., Cape May. There you can see the view from the 3-story observation tower, and experience the indoor exhibits, aquaria, and multiple themed display gardens.
- The Coast Guard Training Center (5th largest in the country) has Sunset Parades once a month during the summer. (2019 dates have not yet been announced.) These colorful, inspiring military ceremonies feature the Precision Drill Team, marching troops, and cannon fire! Due to stringent security, no bags of any kind are permitted. The Center is located at 1 Munro Ave. in Cape May.
- The Coast Guard will also be having a Community Festival on 5/4/19 from 10am to 4pm. This event offers ship tours, trolley tours, a Kids Zone, helicopter display, a food and beer garden, live demonstrations, vendors, and much more.
- On 6/8 & 6/9/2019, Cape May hosts a large craft show on the boardwalk near the Convention Center.
The Wildwoods have no shortage of free, fun events as well:
- Sunday evenings at 7:30 Wildwood hosts a free concert at Fox Park. There’s also a playground for the kids. The park is at Burk and Ocean Avenues.
- On July 12, 2019 one of the East Coast’s premier amateur sand sculpting contests will be held at the Heather Rd. Beach in Wildwood Crest from 9am to 2pm. In addition to the amazing works of sand art, there’s live music, beach games, and more.
- Wildwood’s Farmers Market is held every Sat. 8 am – 12:30 pm at the Byrne Plaza at 3400 Pacific Avenue from 5/25/19 – 9/28/199. You’ll find fresh produce, herbs, baked goods, candies and more. They also have giant lawn games for your enjoyment.
- This year’s Seafarer Celebration will be held on 9/21/19 from 9am to 8pm. This festival takes place at Sunset Lake, along New Jersey Ave. from Rambler Rd. to Miami Ave. in Wildwood Crest. There will be craft and food vendors, kids’ entertainment, live music, and fireworks!
- Speaking of fireworks…….every Friday night you can watch fireworks sent up from the beach near the boardwalk.
West Cape May offers festivals nearly every week!
- At the Wilbraham Park on West Perry St. you’ll find the Strawberry Festival 6/1/19, Tomato Festival 8/31/19, and the Lima Bean Festival (lima bean ice cream anyone?) 10/12/19. All festivals run 9 am – 5 pm.
- West Cape May’s Farmers Market is held every Tues. from 3pm – 7:30 pm from 6/25/19 to 8/27/19. Fresh produce, prepared food, food merchandise, crafts and more are available. Free live music too!
- The Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts holds 3 great festivals on the grounds of the Emlen Physick Estate Grounds. There’s the Craft Beers, Music & Crab Fest 8/3/19, Cape May Hops Festival (aka Blues, Brews & BBQ) 8/31/19, and the Harvest Brew Festival (9/14/19). Admission is free. All have libations, food, and crafts for purchase. There’s music for your enjoyment and the events are kid and dog friendly.