There’s no better way to get your morning started than with a delicious camp breakfast – especially if it’s easy and cost effective! Plan to make this spring camping recipe for Scrambled Breakfast Hash when you come stay with us at Holly Shores Camping Resort! We’re pretty sure this will become a breakfast staple for your family!
Scrambled Breakfast Hash
- 6 oz. bacon
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
You’ll also need:
- Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Dice bacon and fry in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once crisp, remove bacon pieces and drain on paper towels.
- As bacon is cooking, dice potatoes and onion.
- Once the last of the bacon is cooked, pour off most of the grease, reserving 3-4 tablespoons. Add potatoes and onion into the reserved bacon grease and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep the Dutch oven lidded while the onion and potatoes cook, stirring every once in awhile to prevent sticking. Cook until tender.
- Scrape potatoes and onions to the side, and crack eggs directly into the free area of the Dutch oven, whisking and scraping with spatula to scramble.
- Once the eggs are scrambled and cooked through, return all of the cooked bacon to the pot. Add cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Serve warm.
This spectacular spring camping recipe is a great way to start the day – who doesn’t like waking up to the smell of bacon, eggs, potatoes, and onions? And don’t forget the coffee! Our campsites at Holly Shores Camping Resort make it easy for you to cook this Scrambled Breakfast Hash either indoors or over a campfire. We’re looking forward to seeing you this spring and summer for some great getaways with your family. Contact us today to make a reservation!