Make the upcoming holidays festive even if you’ll be traveling! If you’re camping in your RV or staying in one of our rentals at Holly Shores, you can still bring holiday cheer and welcome your loved ones. Here are some ways to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas on the road or do the holidays in an RV or cottage rental!
Make Things Merry and Bright
You can still decorate – in fact, don’t go without them!
But you may choose to simply modify to smaller or travel size version – like some of the following ideas:
• A tabletop tree: perfect for either small scale decorating if artificial, or opt for a live version and plant afterwards!
• Christmas pillows and a throw blanket
• Seasonal candles, an Advent wreath, or a string of LED Christmas lights around the windows
• Holiday window gel stickers for decorating, like these
Incorporate Your Favorite Traditions
Many favorite holiday traditions can be easily modified to be travel versions! Your favorite holiday read-alouds can be loaded onto your tablet or Kindle, and you can bring your favorite Christmas movies on DVD (or stream them online).
If you love baking or decorating cookies, bake the cookies ahead of time and bring along your cookie frosting, sprinkles, and other decorating items. Just think about your favorite traditions and see if there’s an easy modification to make to take them with you in your RV’s pantry!
Find Local Festivities
No matter where you go, you’ll find local festivities to participate in, and meaningful ways to celebrate the holidays. Holiday shows and light displays are always popular!
Additionally, consider these ideas:
• Find a soup kitchen or shelter welcoming volunteers for the day (check with their Covid policies)
• Check out Cape May’s holiday events here – and make your plans early. You won’t want to miss out on holiday lights trolley rides and the Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Le Mer! You’ll find a special list of Christmas in Cape May activities here.
• Discover local and independently owned bakeries, wineries, and restaurants. Not only will you enjoy flavors of the region, but you’ll be supporting small businesses and helping them thrive.
With a little bit of forethought and planning, a willingness to be flexible, and remembering that holiday joy is a matter of the heart, your Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other holiday can be filled with light, love, and wonderful family memories. Contact us to make a reservation and start making your plans!