Cozy up to a hearty breakfast and a delicious snack with Pumpkin Spice Granola! Enjoy your stay at Holly Shores Camping Resort even more when you whip up this easy camping recipe ahead of time and bring it with you to enjoy while you’re here. Homemade granola is a staple in my own household, and it’s perfect whether you’re at home, camping, or a to-go snack to keep in the car! Check out this perfect seasonal camping recipe that’s especially perfect for chilly months! It’s also loaded with tart apples, sweet golden raisins, and crunchy pecans to pack a punch!
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (don’t substitute!!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4⅔ cup old fashioned oats (rolled – not steel cut)
- 1¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups peeled & diced Granny Smith apple (about 2 apples)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or nuts of your choice (optional)
Tools you’ll need:
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Food storage container
Let’s get going!
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Mix in the oats, almonds, raisins, apple, and nuts, if using. Stir until dry ingredients are coated and somewhat clumpy.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the cookie sheets, and place in the oven.
- Bake until golden brown and somewhat dry – 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on your preference and oven variant, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let granola cool and store in an airtight food storage container!
That’s it! My kids love granola for breakfast either swimming in milk or combined with yogurt. It’s also a go-to favorite snack that’s good for an afternoon burst of energy, good carbs, and even some protein – especially if you add in the nuts. And, it’s a great camping recipe to get your mornings at Holly Shores off to a great, no-hassle start! Contact us to make your reservation. We can’t wait to see you!